Good day, boys and girls! Guess what? It’s time for some more blogiversary celebrating! Today’s party animal? None other than Mr. MovieRob! In case you aren’t familiar with Rob’s blog, you should probably go change that right now. Scratch that–you should definitely go change that right now. Not only has Rob seen pretty much every movie known to mankind (he’s up past 800 reviews right now…anybody else feeling inadequate?), but he has a very cool upcoming series focusing on Alfred Hitchcock films (find the details here) and he’s continuing his ever awesome Genre Grandeur series. Speaking of, somebody pretty cool picked the theme for next month…I’m just sayin’. 😉 I had intended to do a reblog on that, actually, but with all the craziness that has been going on, I’ll just go ahead and invite you to check that out here. Anyway, enough of my jabbering. Let’s see what Rob is celebrating, shall we?
In honor of Cara’s blogiversary, I have compiled a list of my top ten movies that take place in her home state of Indiana, you’ll notice they all have one major thing in common; most of the characters want to get as far from Indiana as possible (which is completely understandable) 🙂
I realize that the list is slightly sports heavy, but what else is there to do in Indiana besides be great at a sport, so you can get the hell outta there 🙂
10. Soul of the Game (1996) – Black baseball players hope that integration in the 40’s will get the out of Indiana.
9. Hard Rain (1996) – Christian Slater and Morgan Freeman would rather drown than stay in Indiana.
8. Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977) – ET was friendly because he got Reese’s Pieces in California, these aliens made the mistake of landing in Indiana and even they are smart enough to go back home instead of getting stuck in that state.
7. A Christmas Story (1983) – I’d rather shot my eye out with a BB gun than get stuck in Indiana the rest of my life.
6. A League of Their Own (1993)- Women who play professional baseball while the men are fighting overseas during WWII. They are all happy as long as they don’t get stuck on the team from Indiana.
5. A History of Violence (2005) Hiding out in Indiana is great because nobody will recognize you because everyone else just wants to get away from there.
4. Natural Born Killers (1994)- Lets go on a rampage of killing in Indiana because no one cares and this way they will no longer be stuck in Indiana.
3. Rudy (1992) – Play great football and get a scholarship in order to get the hell out of Indiana
2. Hoosiers (1988) The only way any of these high school kids will be able to follow their dreams and get out of Indiana is by winning the championship and get scholarship to out of state colleges
1. The Fugitive (1993) – Suspected of Killing the wife? definitely. Chased by a US Marshall? yup. Better go back home to Chicago where everyone is looking for you in order to get out of Indiana? MOST DEFINITELY
Bahahaha. Yeah, yeah–Indiana’s not that exciting. So sue us. 😉 Thanks so much, Rob! This was hilarious. Seriously, you guys are coming up with the coolest stuff! And it’s not too late if you still want to send something! If you’re curious, you can find the details for what to submit here. I know a lot of you have said you’ve got things on the way. If at all possible, do you think you could get me those things by next Monday (the 30th)? Or at least by next week? I’m just trying to plan things out since it’s been a little nuts around here. If you could send something to firstname.lastname@example.org soon–even a little message with an ETA–that’d be amazing. 🙂 Happy Hump Day!