Hiya, friends! Hope your Friday has been simply grand so far. As for me, I am on cloud nine because I feel so LOVED. You wonderful, generous bloggers have been spoiling me with lovely awards–awards that I have been absolutely wretched about addressing until today. Forgive me. I promise, your kind gestures have not gone unnoticed.
So because I have let these awards accumulate, we have four things to address today: a Liebster Award, two Sunshine Awards, and the most recent, a Dragon’s Loyalty Award. The latter is one I’ve never received before, and it could be the coolest name for an award ever. Anywho, let’s get started, shall we?
The Liebster Award
I have a soft spot for this award because it was the very first award my blog received, and I was THRILLED (read all about that here). It’s funny how awards change though–the requirements were actually slightly different for that Liebster. But it all boils down to the same general concept: share something about yourself and give a little shoutout to some of your favorite bloggers (particularly the little guys).
Here are the rules:
- The bloggers who have been nominated must link back to the person who nominated them.
- Nominees must answer the eleven questions given to them by the person who nominated them.
- Those nominated must choose eleven of their favorite bloggers who have less than 200 followers to answer their own set of questions (sidenote: I’m going off of how many followers WordPress tells me you have, though I’m not sure how accurate this is).
- When you are nominated, you cannot nominate the person who nominated you.
Righto! So first off, much love to Blogged Artistry who ALSO received a Liebster for his very first blog award! Exciting stuff, isn’t it, my friend? 🙂 His award was well-deserved because he’s got some great stuff going on over there–lots of fantastic fiction/poetry/musings/pictures. He even presented me with this award via an original poem, which was simply fantastic. Go check him out!
So here are his questions and my answers:
1. Where is your favorite place to be? Y’know, I love being in my car. Especially on a nice day when there isn’t much traffic. I ride along and jam to my music and just don’t think about much. For me, it can be very cathartic.
2. Name two songs that describe you. Gees that’s tricky. Like the song title describes you? Or the lyrics? Or just…the vibe? Um. Can I just say in general that I tend to go for more upbeat songs? I feel like that’s acceptable. Slow songs often either make me sad or bore me (with several exceptions, of course). Also, I’m pretty sure The Beatles dominate my iTunes library.
3. Who is the most inspirational person in your life, and why? I’ve said it before, and I’m sure I’ll say it again: my grandma. She lived through the Great Depression and WWII, she raised seven kids essentially on her own, and she’s overcome more health scares than a person should ever have to deal with. Throughout everything, she has been incredibly loving and supportive of every person in her very large family. She is my role model. She rocks.
4. Do you believe in karma? I don’t know…but I’d like to, since I typically try to be nice to people…
5. If you could have a dream job for a day what would it be? Only for a day? Hmm. Maybe a personal assistant to J.K. Rowling? Maybe if I had a full day I could absorb some of the awesome she emits and write the next big bestseller.
6. Name three annoyances currently in your life. People who use the word “recheckout” at the library (IT’S “RENEW”), my shoddy windshield wipers, and general rudeness.
7. What “spirit” animal do you best vibe with? “Spirit animal,” eh? I’ve never really bought into that stuff…but I like dogs, so maybe a doggy?
8. How has blogging helped you? Oh man. Blogging has been fantastic. It’s got me writing almost every day, it’s got my brain churning away for fun new ideas, and it’s introduced me to so many amazingly cool people. I can honestly say it’s one of the best things I ever decided to do.
9. List two things that you are proud of accomplishing. Completing my novella in college and getting 100+ followers for this blog!
10. Do you have a talent, if so what is it? I’m a pretty decent singer/actress. I did lots of plays and musicals when I was in school. I can also play the piano (though I’m pretty rusty) and beatbox (kind of).
11. Where do you envision yourself in five years? Gees who knows? Hopefully working away at a steady job I love and still finding time to blog!
And here are my awesome nominees!
11. Y.I. Washington
Now your questions, nominees! This time, we’re discussing favorites. Favorite…
1. Vacation spot?
4. Black-and-white movie?
6. TV show?
8. Beatles song?
9. Dog breed?
11. Nerdy franchise (Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Marvel, etc.)?
The Sunshine Award(s)
Again, this is one I’ve had the pleasure of being nominated for before (read that here), and I was actually nominated by my buddy Alex Raphael, who has very sweetly gone and nominated me again! He and RobbinsRealm Blog have both been kind enough to share some sunshine with my blog, and many thanks to them! Both sites are fantastic–Alex for his collection of quotes, movie quizzes, photos, etc., and Mr. Robbins for reviews/thoughts on all things movie and TV. Though these fine gentlemen nominated me for the same award, I noticed that the requirements were different…So because it requires a little less work, I’m going to go with Alex’s version (sorry, Robbins).
- Display the award on your blog.
- Announce your win with a post and thank the blogger(s) who awarded you.
- Present 10 deserving bloggers with the award – “who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.”
- Link your awardees in the post and let them know of their being awarded.
- Write 10 interesting things about you
The nominees, aka the sunshine in my life ;):
3. Cinema Axis
10. Tranquil Dreams
And the interesting tidbits:
1. As a graduation present/inside joke, a friend painted an adorable ninja for me. It is hanging on my wall.
2. My phone case right now is a door that says 221B (it’s a Sherlock thing).
3. I just beat Arkham City on my Wii U. Well, kind of. Now I have to go do all those sidequests…
4. Last night, I watched a movie for Alex Raphael’s Foreign Favorites series. It was intense, but really good.
5. I had a dream the other night that a group of wild cats were in my room–bobcats or something. I tried to pet one, and it played along at first, then ripped half my teeth out. Easily one of the strangest dreams I’ve ever had.
6. NBC’s Hannibal starts season two next Friday, and I am SO EXCITED ABOUT THAT.
7. There are Girl Scout cookies in my kitchen right now. Each day is a battle to resist scarfing down every last one.
8. I’m hoping to visit NYC this spring.
9. Yesterday, my city was under a tornado watch. Eeep!
10. I think I’m addicted to Diet Dr. Pepper.
The Dragon’s Loyalty Award
This award is brand new to me, and man does it sound cool! I’m thrilled to be able to display it on my blog!
Here are the requirements for this magical award:
1. Display the award on your blog.
2. Announce your win with a post and thank the blogger who awarded you.
3. Write seven interesting things about you.
4. Present 15 deserving bloggers with the award.
5. Link your awardees in the post and let them know of their being awarded.
Once again, Alex Raphael has been far too generous and nominated me for ANOTHER award! Alex, you are simply wonderful. You’ve become one of my good buddies on here, and I’m so grateful for that. Alex’s blog really is a great deal of fun, so seriously, follow the guy! 🙂
The interesting tidbits:
Eh. Guys, forgive me for breaking the rules, but I’m going to opt out of the interesting things this time. I mean, I answered those questions for the Liebster and I just did ten interesting things for the Sunshine…so yeah. Let’s just say this:
As for my award winners, since “loyalty” is the in name, I’m picking folks who have been loyal to this blog through likes, comments, participation in blog series, etc. There are definitely more than 15 of those folks, but here’s who I’m highlighting for now:
1. Alex Raphael (yes, I turned right around and nominated you back, but no, you don’t have to do it again–just wanted to say thanks!!)
13. Thy Critic Man
14. The Verbal Spew
Whew! This post has been a doozie! But it needed to be done. You guys are awesome, and I hope I don’t let these awards get so backed up in the future! Also, speaking of “loyalty,” forgive me for neglecting so many of your blogs lately. Everyone’s doing so many cool things that it’s hard to keep up sometimes! I hope to do some catching up over the next few days. HUGS! 😀