I’m thrilled to announce that my blog has been nominated for the Liebster Award! For those who aren’t familiar with blog awards, (because I sure wasn’t), basically things like this are to share a little something about yourself, then highlight other blogs that you think are the bee’s knees. Many thanks to Drakulus (a nifty game review, movie review, and various other cool stuff blog) for enjoying my blog enough to feel it worthy of nomination! So here’s what you have to do when you’re nominated:
1. Post the Liebster Award graphic on your site.
2. Thank the blogger who nominated your blog.
3. The nominee is asked to write 11 facts about themselves.
4. Answer the 11 questions from the post of the person who nominated them.
5. The nominee will nominate 9 other blogs.
6. The nominee will then create 11 questions of their own for their nominated bloggers to answer in their Liebster post.
Sounds fun! Time to get to Drakulus’s questions…
1. What’s your favorite game of all time? Not your second or third favorite but your favorite game ever. Let me know!
This is probably a weird choice, but I’m such an LOTR geek that I have to say The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age. It’s this silly little Gamecube RPG that I periodically return to just because it lets me interact with a world I love.
2. Where was your favorite place to go as a child?
I always loved (and still love) going to Holiday World, a theme park about an hour away from where I live. As the name implies, each area of the park is reserved for a certain holiday, and the rides and shops are decked out to reflect that. It’s magical.
3. Who do you look up to the most in life?
Time to get ooey gooey. My grandma. She’s 84, and she’s lived through so much–World War II, raising seven kids essentially by herself, and more health problems than you could shake a stick at. But she’s still an avid reader, a constant cheerleader for her many children/grandchildren/great-grandchildren, and as sassy as they come. She makes me want to do awesome things.
4. What’s your dream? Doctor, Lawyer, Serial Killer, etc :]
My dream job would either be: a) copyeditor for a book publishing company, or b) writer for Entertainment Weekly. In both dream job scenarios, I would be writing the next great American novel on the side 😉
5. Have you ever farted in the middle of a crowd of people and blamed it on someone else? Be honest people…
Not that I can recall. Although back when I worked at Hallmark, some old guy ripped one right next to me and walked away. No apologies and apparently no shame. Though I was thoroughly grossed out, I couldn’t help admiring him a little.
6. Name 5 things you want to do before you die.
1) Return to Ireland
2) Publish a novel
3) Meet Benedict Cumberbatch
4) Learn to play the drums
5) Own an obnoxiously big doggie
7. Who’s your favorite Author?
I realize this is 99.99% of people my age probably say, but I freaking love J.K. Rowling. I admire her so much for her writing style and for the impressive, imaginative world she created. She’s my idol.
8. What’s your favorite comic book series?
Well…I don’t really read comic books. But I love Batman!
9. If you could have any super power what would it be? Would you use your powers for good, or evil?
I’ve always wanted to be able to levitate things. Like, sometimes you just don’t want to get off the couch to get that thing alllll the way across the room. How cool would it be to levitate it? Also, I often imagine myself levitating my car when I’m stuck in traffic. Is that weird? Since all this would probably be for personal gain, I guess that would make me a little evil, but I’d like to believe I’d help people out when I could.
10. Imagine yourself in Fallout 3, what would you do?
I would run and hide because I’ve never played Fallout 1, 2, or 3 so I wouldn’t know what on earth to do.
11. How tall are you?
I’m regrettably short. 5′ 3″, I believe. Alas.
Alrighty! Time to get to my nominees. Though there are so very many blogs out there that I admire, here are nine (in no particular order) that I’d like to highlight:
And here are your questions:
1) Halloween is coming up! What movie will you watch to get you in the spooky spirit?
2) For one day, you get to be a superhero’s sidekick. What hero would you don tights for?
3) Because I’m a Harry Potter nerd, I have to ask: what Hogwarts house are you getting sorted into, and why?
4) You’re going on vacation, and because you’re an absolute, wild success, money is no object. So where do you go?
5) Congratulations–you’re a time traveler! You’re going back in time to see an amazing historic event. What do you see?
6) You’re a teenage rebel getting a tattoo. What’s your new ink look like?
7) What’s your favorite flavor of ice cream?
8) The trailer looked awful, but the film was amazing. What movie comes to mind?
9) You’re stranded on a deserted island with a famous person. Who is this person, and why are you glad he or she is with you?
10) Your life is getting a soundtrack. What’s the first track?
11) You’re getting a pet, and it can be anything. Literally, anything. Don’t worry–you know a guy who tames sharks and grizzly bears. He’ll take care of it for you. What is this exotic new pet?
Again, thank you, Drakulus. Your blog is awesome, and your support is much appreciated. This was a ton of fun. Nominees, if you don’t have time to do this or just don’t want to, it’s cool. Just wanted to let you know that I admire what you do.
Thanks for reading!