All the LOVE! It’s wonderful! Yesterday, my blog was nominated for quite possibly my favorite award so far–the WordPress Family Award. I say it’s my favorite because this award is all about letting your WordPress besties know how much you appreciate them. The wonderful Mr. Drakulus nominated me for this, and I’m very touched that he considers me among his blogging family. He’s doing some wonderful work over at his gaming/movie review site, so if you haven’t already checked it out, please do so! Also, Drakulus, please know that though I’m not nominating you (just because you’ve already been nominated and I want to share the love), you, too, are part of my blogging fam! 🙂
Okay here we go! The very simple rules are:
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate 6 other bloggers who have made an impact on your blogging experience in such a way that they feel like “family.”
4. Let your 6 “WordPress family members” know that you have awarded them.
And my nominees are…
1. Isaacs Picture Conclusions – We’ve become Twitter buddies, you were my very first guest blogger, and we make a pretty incredible interview duo. You make me laugh all the time, and your TAGS. Oh my God, your tags make my day. I don’t know how you sit through so many abominable movies, but sweet Mai Tai Jesus I’m glad that you do. LONG LIVE SHITFEST!!!!! 😀
2. Cinema Parrot Disco – There have been several wonderful days when I’ve logged on to WordPress only to find a bajillion notifications from my Midwest girl across the pond, Table9Mutant. Those days when you catch up on my blog always make me feel so loved! Haha. I’m very glad to have met a fellow lady geek, and I’m so happy you were able to contribute to NOOOOvember with your excellent review! I hope we continue to converse on Twitter, and I’m sure you will continue being awesome 🙂
3. Hard Ticket to Home Video – Another Twitter buddy, another guest blogger for NOOOOvember, and another blog that never fails to crack me the heck up. Seriously, Brian, do you ever run out of hilarious things to say? It doesn’t matter if it’s a film review, a comment section, or the daily news from R.O.T.O.R.–this blog always supplies me with something wonderful to laugh about, and I sincerely appreciate that. 🙂
4. Dan the Man’s Movie Reviews – Dan and his impressive site are special to me because he was among my first followers. Back when I was first starting things up and trying to figure out how to attract attention to my blog, I was in awe of Dan’s steady stream of in-depth film reviews and his many, many loyal followers. Heck, I’m still in awe! Dan has put in his two cents on so many of the films I’ve reviews, and I’ve always been grateful. His dedication to his blog makes me feel lazy, but it also encourages me to keep writing. Thanks for the motivation, dude! 😉
5. JJames Reviews – I’m extremely grateful to Mr. JJames for his comments, his participation in NOOOOvember, and especially his insightful film reviews. He’s a clever guy, and I’m always impressed when I read his reviews and find that he’s noticed things in films that I never would have thought to point out. Plus, he’s a teacher, and as a gal surrounded by friends and family members who are teachers, I’m thrilled to find a new teacher friend in the blogosphere. 🙂
6. Alex Raphael – Though we haven’t been blog buddies as long as the others on this list, Alex has quickly become part of my blog family. Not only did he nominate me for a Sunshine Award, for which I am very grateful, but he’s been a constant commenter and we’ve had some great chats. He’s done several fantastic films reviews, and I always look forward to his pictures, his film quizzes, and his line(s) of the day. He keeps me constantly entertained! 🙂
It pains me to end this at only six because I love so many of you other phenomenal bloggers! My 6-month anniversary will be coming up soon, and thinking about that has got me thinking about how wonderful this whole experience has been. So glad I decided to take up blogging, and so glad I’ve met all of you! 😀